The Cookies (in order of appearance)
- Toffee Squares - epicurious.com
- Chocolate Kisses - marthastewart.com (modified)
- Noel Nut Balls - marthastewart.com
- Ginger Spice Cookies - epicurious.com
- Chewy Orange-Almond Cookies - marthastewart.com (modified)
- Peanut Butter Blossoms - foodnetwork.com
Ingredients: mulling spices, orange, lemon, sugar, water, seltzer or club soda, sparkling cider, cranberry juice, spiced rum.
1. In a saucepan, combine one package of mulling spices with the peels of one orange and one lemon, two cups of water, one cup of sugar. Simmer 20 minutes or so. Strain liquid, let cool. (This is “the good stuff.”)
2. To make the punch, mix one cup of “the good stuff” with one liter of seltzer or club soda; one bottle of sparkling apple cider; one bottle of cranberry or cranapple juice; and as much spiced rum as you like.